Public Library Auditorium, Lower level, 225 Holditch Street, Sturgeon Falls
Board Minutes are available on the Publications page.
The Police Services Board consists of five members:
- The head of municipal council or designate
- One member of council appointed by resolution of the council;
- One person appointed by resolution of the council, who is neither a member of the council nor an employee of the municipality; and
- Two persons appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council.
The members of your board are:
The role of the board is identified in the Police Services Act of Ontario. Their responsibilities include:
- Generally determine, after consultation with the chief of police, objectives and priorities with respect to police services;
- Establish policies for the effective management of the police force; and
- Direct the chief of police and monitor his or her performance.